Is There a Real Difference?
We often get inquiries on which treadmill brand is a better value, the NordicTrack treadmills or the ProForm treadmills. In fact, they are built by the same company on the same assembly lines with many of the same parts!
We’ve witnessed this personally when our team was out at their manufacturing facilities. There are some models that are unique to each brand, but others are almost identical. They’ll mix and match features like motor size, deck length, iFit technology, workout programs, sound systems and built-in fans.
(Click on models below to shop directly with NordicTrack.)
- NordicTrack Commercial 1750 – $1,799 ( “Best Value Buy”)
- NordicTrack X22i Commercial Incline Trainer – $2,999 (22″ Smart HD Touchscreen, 4.25 Continuous Duty HP Motor)
- NordicTrack T9.5 S – $1,999 (60″ Tread Belt)
- NordicTrack X11i Commercial Incline Trainer – $2,249 (Incline AND Decline Capabilities)
Nearly Identical Machines: NordicTrack Commercial 1750 and the ProForm PRO 5000
One recent example of some matching Mollies are the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 and the ProForm SMART PRO 5000. Just looking at these two models, it is clear that they are cut from the same mold. Here are some more similarities and differences:
- iFit Coach Ready (At the time of this writing – Both machines come with a FREE 1-year iFit subscription.)
- 7” Smart HD Touchscreen
- 38 Workout Apps
- 22×60” Tread Belt
- 0-12 MPH Speed capability
- 15% Incline and -3% Decline
- Space Saver Design with Easy Lift Assist
- 5” Rollers
- 5-Year Parts and 2-Year Labor Warranty, Lifetime Frame and Motor
- Price: At the time of this writing the PRO 5000 was $1,599 and the Commercial 1750 was $1,599.
One (Small) Difference:
- The SMART PRO 5000 has a 4.0 CHP motor and the Commercial 1750 only has a 3.6 CHP Smart-Response motor. The word “only” really doesn’t fit here because these are both monster motors that would work well for users of any size or ability.
(Click on models below to shop directly with ProForm.)
- ProForm SMART PRO 2000 – $1,499 (“Best Buy” – Consumer Magazine)
- ProForm SMART PRO 5000 – $1,699 (4.0 HP Motor, Incline AND Decline Capabilities)
Why Is It Important for YOU to Know This?
The advantage for you as the consumer is that you have two different opportunities to get a great machine from two different sources. That’s more chances to get a killer deal by working the sales. Sometimes one model is priced higher and sometimes the other is priced higher. It just seems to depend on the direction of the wind for these companies.
Check back on our site often because we keep track of which brands are running the best deals at any given time. We can also help you sort through the many various options between NordicTrack and ProForm.
How to Make Your Decision – ProForm or NordicTrack Treadmills
If you are considering either a NordicTrack or a ProForm treadmill you first want to determine what your fitness goals are and which features will accommodate those goals, i.e. motor, deck length, workout programs.
Then shop around…
See which models have the features you are looking for and at what price. You may find by shopping both brands you can save yourself several hundred dollars.
To help you get the best value, we monitor the NordicTrack and ProForm sites regularly. We’ll alert you to some great buys as they come available.